29.1.11

We HEART Big Brother...

My baby boy has such a BIG heart when it comes to his baby sissy. He takes such good care of her and plays with her so well. Every now and then they have their stubborn sibling moments, but for the most part I lucked out with how well they interact with each other and how fond of each other they are. These are just a few moments I want to always remember...

Last night in the car Bentley was crying loudly. I felt bad and told McCoy he could buckle up in the front seat to get away from the noise. He sighed and said, "Well then poor sissy will be back here all by herself, I'll just stay." Even though there was nothing he could do to get her to stop crying, he endured the noise to keep her company because he didn't want her to be alone. I just sat in the front seat, my heart a melted mushy mess, and just smiled as Bentley cried her eyes out. I hope he always treats her good, and hope she knows someday that she is lucky girl to have a brother who stands by her.
The past few days we have had such wonderful weather so we have been playing outside a lot. We play basketball, and ride bikes and mostly the kids want to play with the power wheels. Bentley LOVES going for rides with McCoy. And usually he drives like a maniac and is always trying to come up with new ways to push those little vehicles to their limit. But when Bentz gets in the passenger side with him he shifts into protector mode. Even though I am walking right beside them with my hand on the baby, he wont go full speed (even though I'm sure she would prefer it), and he puts his hand in front of her when he has to stop so she wont fall forward. It is the cutest thing. She laughs and smiles and he looks at her with such adoration and he can't help but smile and do whatever makes her happy. Its the same with just about anything. As soon as she laughs at something he does, he will do it over and over again just to make her happy. I know it won't always be so peachy and I won't always have such positive things to post, but for now I'm going to enjoy my warm fuzzy stories and remember these good times.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've lucked out too - Maddie and Jack are such great playmates. And I like to think about a protective big brother when these cute girls grow up and need someone to keep the boys away! Jealous of your green grass and blue skies - yucky here...


My Little Sunshine