8.1.11

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home

Back at Last....and so happy to be home! We had a good time on our Christmas Vacation, but it it was not all fun and games. It was wonderful to be able to spend the holidays with family. So nice to see everybody and laugh and just sit inside by the fireplace and talk. We realize now that we have really become true Floridians. The cold is not for us. We spent the majority of the trip freezing and taking turns being sick. Bentley spent the 1st week getting two new teeth. McCoy got a nasty ear infection and temperature of 106 that landed us in the ER. And Glade and I each got the flu. Good times LOL. I must say though that if I had to be sick, Idaho was the place to be. I got taken care of so well. I have honestly not been that sick EVER. My mommy made me chicken noodle soup and gave me a Vick's rub down to help me sweat out the sickness, and my wonderful mother in law made sure my hubby and kiddos were always fed while I was laid up in bed (and by bed I mean passed out on the floor or wherever I happen to be at that moment) I just couldn't stay awake. And Poor Glade got sick right at the tail end of our trip and had to fly home all sick. Happy to report that we are all germ free now!
We started off the Holiday's with a Christmas Eve Eve party at the Angilau's with all the Peterson clan. It was so much fun and so wonderful to see McCoy having so much fun playing with all his cousins. Santa even came and brought all the kids new Christmas Jammies. Then the kids dressed up and did a live navity scene.

In Idaho we celebrated with two Christmas Eve Parties, one at the Stokes and one at the Nana and Pop's House. Both were a blast. There was so much yummy treats and good times. Games and caroling, and good company. We woke up Christmas morning at Nana and Pop's house. Pops read us the Christmas story and I believe Uncle Jordan won the best Uncle award. His gifts for the kids were spot on. McCoy LOVES his AC/DC paper jams guitar and Bentz LOVES her snuggly glowing bear. Good job Unlce J. The kids and even Glade and I got spoiled. Thanks again everybody. And extra Thanks to Nana and Pops for my beautiful Jewelery! So glad you know a good jewelery man. (wink) I think my favorite gifts were my new robe, blue track suit and fuzzy socks beings as that is all I wore the week I was sick hee hee. And true to traditions, Nana made her special My 1st Christmas Tree just for Bentley's first Christmas. (McCoy had a blue and white one his first Christmas) Everything on the tree was for baby Bentley. She sure got spoiled. One of my favorite things in the tree was the baby dolly at the bottem of the tree. That was actually my first baby doll. So awesome that my mom saved it and now Bentley can play with it too. She LOVES baby dolly's. :)












(My amazing cousin Charisse made the girl's bibs. She is so crafty and her baby Hadyn is so cute!)



And the main reason for the trip, Little Bro's Wedding! It was so special to be able to able to be there to witness Jordan and Tiffini's wedding and watch my baby bro express his love for Tiffini. I also loved that my baby boy took part in the wedding line. He got to be a "pick boy". Kind of like a flower girl I guess, but for boys. Him and Tiffini's little brother wore tux's and had top hats filled with guitar picks that had the wedding date on them and they threw the picks into the crowed. It was was so cute. And my little man looked so handsome in his little tux! The wedding was beautiful and Jordan and Tiffini looked wonderful together. It was also nice to visit with family that I don't get to see very often. I still didn't feel like I got to see everybody, but thats how the story usually goes. Never enough time. We are looking forward to going back to Idaho/Utah but honestly can't say when that will be. We do know it won't be in the winter time again hee hee.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you came - but so glad you made it home after such a sickie vacation. Loved chatting with you too - and glad McCoy survived the sleep over!

Lori Steadman said...

Cute first Christmas tree idea and McCoy in a tux--pretty cute.

Bradbury Bunch said...

What an AWESOME idea to have a Baby's 1st Christmas tree!!!! LOVE IT!! Amber you look SOOOO good and your kiddos are as always...adorable. However an extra comment to McCoy in the tux-ummm....PRICELESS!!! What a STUD!! And Bentley in that tuttu dress is just so adorable!! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas with family. But it's true that there's no place like home.

P-S Come join me on the 12 on the 12 adventure....read my blog for more details!! :) XOXOXO


My Little Sunshine