7.11.11

The family car finally kicked the bucket last week. On Monday night after we went Trick or Treating and got all our treats....we also got our trick! When we went to leave Glade started up the car and it made all these funny noises and then just wouldnt start anymore. :(  The next day Glade and I went van shopping. I always said I would never drive a van but WOW, its so comfy and roomy and it has MAGIC DOORS! I push a button and the doors open themselves and the kiddos climb in the car and into their car seats. I don't have to open anybodys door or lift them up, just walk around and buckle up the baby and push another button and doors close. We love our family ride but I gotta say I was a little sad to say goodbye to the Grand AM......

I am not a sentimental person but I am pretty sad to say goodbye to my Winkie Blinkie. Glade purchased Goldie the GrandAM AKA Winkie Blinkie a couple of months before we got engaged so she has been our Family car since the beginning. We brought both our babies home from the hospital in her and have driven to many family events in her.

Even though she only had one good eye (side mirror) and the blinker randomly turned on at any point during your drive, (thus the name Winkie Blinkie), those are just some of the qualities I will miss about her. I will also miss the radio blasting itself at different volumes and on random stations whenever you start her up. The button to shifter would fall off whenever you turned a corner or went over a bump so you had to keep one hand on it at all times. I will miss the passenger side window falling down every now and then and the black duct tape we finally had to use to keep it up, and the dome light that never worked right. I Love how she "purred" even after the ignition had been turned off and the key taken out. She had these and many more crazy quirks. Just like our quirky family… Gonna miss that stupid car...

No comments:


My Little Sunshine