2.11.11

Bum Pa Da Dummmm....The Costumes!

I heart Halloween and dressing up! McCoy usually don's 3-4 different costumes but this year he was dead set on only being one thing....MC Hammer! Yup that's right. Thanks to daddy and YouTube, McCoy has discovered the joys of Hammer Time and would watch the music video over and over and insisted that I make him some hammer pants.

This is seriously why I wanted to learn to sew. My mom always made our Halloween costumes growing up and I wasn't to imaginative but my younger brothers would have her come up some doosies and she always came through. I love being able to do that for my boy...because well really...where would I find an MC hammer costume now days?

So anywho, I youtubed how to make hammer pants, found some stretchy gold fabric and got to work. I should have checked the fabric out better because this one would split seams and got wore out fast but it worked for the few uses it got. Although now he wants to wear them around everyday LOL. And I just kind of winged the  jacket. It's a silk pajama top that I cropped down. I had to take the sleeves off and take in the sides, crop of the bottom and then put the sleeves back on and sew on the gold cuffs.  He wanted to comb his hair like hammer too but we had to sit him down and explain that his hair would NEVER look square LOL.

And Bentley was "Pretty as a Peacock"  I put her costume together with a dress I found on clearance that was suppose to be a Mermaid fairy, and then I bought wings and a tiara at the dollar store and glued on feathers added her leggings and she became a peacock. My little Peacock Princess walked around night with candy in her mouth. She hearts Halloween now too. :)

And Glade and I even got into the spirit. He dressed up as a Rockstar and I was his groupie. It's fun to be a kid. :) Can't wait to see what my kiddos come up with next year.




No comments:


My Little Sunshine