19.2.08

A Hundred Dollars

Last year at Disneyland Glade and I burst up laughing when we heard a mother tell her 3 boys (all under the age of 5) that they couldn’t have balloons because they cost a hundred dollars. She said this with the most straight forward face that it just cracked us up. If you have kids you know what it feels like when they ask for EVERYTHING. We ended up sitting by her during the parade and talking with her for a while. Glade & I have since adapted her saying, and we often use it on each other but have never said it to McCoy because we know he has no concept of $$$. Well today McCoy and I visited the Build-A-Bear Workshop to browse around for some fun stuff for his bear. I told him he could pick anything in the whole store. Well he picked up a pair of sunglasses and guitar and then quickly put them back. I said, “Hey buddy do you want those, mommy will buy them for you.” To which he somberly responded “no mommy, it costs a hunded dollars.” As you can imagine my heart just opened up. What do you say, I told him that they didnt cost a hudred dollars and then showed him the amount on the back wich were both small numbers that he recognized. (Lucky me he picked inexpensive things. LOL) We both walked out of the store with big smiles. Its so funny what our kids pick up whether we are speaking directly or indirectly to them.

3 comments:

Shay and Kira said...

so cute! Just melts my heart! I wish i could make the cards like you made! Mine are always so cheesy!

Bradbury Bunch said...

I love reading stories like this! I think KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS--and her's McCoy proving it! What a fun stage he's in, and what an AWESOME mom who will buy him something from the build a bear store!!! :)

steph said...

What a little sweetheart! Your cards turned out adorable. I have tagged you again. This time I hope I got to you first. It is about you and your spouse. Check out my blog. There kind of fun questions to answer.


My Little Sunshine