28.1.10

To SLEEP or SWEEP???

So lately I have been soooo crazy tired during the day, then all of a sudden at night get a quick burst of energy. I think baby girl is getting me ready for some long nights! Anywho last night I couldn't sleep and just kept thinking I needed to sweep the kitchen. Well I decided to I better rest and everything else could just wait so I went in the bathroom to get ready for bed....of course I found a million things to do in there so I couldn’t sleep. When I did finally did get to bed I woke up in the middle of night several times (as is the current trend), and every time I woke up I would think of these silly rhymes and so here I am at at 5am jotting them down cuz they make me laugh...AND I can't go back to sleep! Please tell me she is not going to be an early riser!

OH, and before you read just know that I LOVE my son and hubby. Preggo hormones got the better of me while I was jotting this down though. (Laughs and Smiles)

To Sleep or Sweep...

I did not sleep,
nor did I sweep.

Instead went into the bathroom and noticed the UN-keep.
I sighed and got to work...laundry piled in a heap.

And then to my sad demise...
I got more than just one surprise.

More than just stinky sweaty socks on the floor,
I found sticky toothpaste on the door.

A wet carpet that had seen the wrath
of a little boy with boats in the bath.

Little sprinkles all over the seat,
Oh BOY wasn't that neat!

Little razor shavings all over the sink,
Can't look in the shower...I hate to even think.

So this tired mamma just has to say
a little prayer for today...

Thank you Lord for the sanity of ME
that this next one is a SHE!

P.S. To McRockster and my McMan...You know I love YOU!

1 comment:

Bradbury Bunch said...

OH mygoodness Amber--this needs to be published!! How funny that you're a poet at 5AM!!! LOL I remember that time frame being bright eyed and bushy tailed! Instead of doing something productive however, I would just lay there...usually listening to all the fun things Nick says in his sleep and giggling!!

So excited to meet your princess soon!! Sweet dreams, or shall I say, Happy Poetry writing!!

ENCORE! ENCORE! :)


My Little Sunshine