16.9.11

Sewing 101: The Pillow Case Dress



I have been wanting to know how to sew for years but I have been to timid to learn or ask someone to teach me so finally I decided to join a sewing group through my church and as soon as I signed up I was asked to head up the group. What the heck? Yes I was surprised but decied I liked the challenge. Now I really had to learn. So I set up the first meeting and was quickly told the fastest way to learn was to buy a machine...What? I had been holding off getting a machine because I wanted to learn first. But I eventually broke down and bought a machine and I couldnt be happier. The first sewing I did was the little tunics I made for McCoy's Star wars party. VERY SIMPLE. All I had to do was two straight lines. Easy enough. Then I moved on to a pillow case. A good easy first project but half way through that I decided I wanted to do something else because I would never really use the pillow case so it turned into "The Dress." My first official sewing project. I found a simple pattern for a pillow case dress and Wa-La...

Ok, I know its nothing fancy to look at but I am just pleased as punch that I sewed LOL. And I made something my baby can actually wear. I even had fun sewing the material for the matching hair bow too. Every outfit has to have its accessories right? The best part is she loved it. I look forward to working on more fun sewing projects.

1 comment:

SAYDA said...

I love that picture on the top! So beautiful!!! What a cute dress. They are really cute and easy for people like us that aren't experts. You did a great job.

Your children are amazingly beautiful!


My Little Sunshine