24.7.11

When you take a bit out of life.... ... ...sometimes it bites back!

So what was I just saying about wanting my kids to live life to fullest......Hmmm....
Oh My beautiful wonderful baby boy McRoCkStaR! What a stud. I am constantly feeling like every time I try to teach him something he turns around and teaches me ten times more.
Me and Bentley had just woken up from our Sunday nap and were on our way downstairs when I heard a loud THUNK and then McCoy came running. Before I even saw him come around the corner I knew we were headed to the hospital just from the sound of his head hitting. I called for Glade and sure enough McCoy came up to me with blood gushing down his face and a gaping wound on his forehead. We quickly grabbed some ice and a cold wet washcloth and took off to the ER. Luckily we didn't wait long. He never cried the whole time we were in the hospital. He did not like getting wrapped up in the straight jacket like burrito wrap and he had to have two rounds of numbing shots though. The Docs were impressed to say the least because he is such a tiny guy. He had the nurses and the Doc laughing and smiling pulling his usual McCoy charm. And when it was done he was excited that he doesn't have to bath for two days, "The Doctor even said so Mom." He also asked if even after his owee heals if he could still keep the stitches in because he likes the Frankenstein look. LOL. And when we left he smiled and said, "Well that was a nice visit."
Since this wasn't our first time in the ER for stitches we knew what to expect and all went well and smooth. I'm sure it won't be the last either. When we got home Mac was back to himself and went to play and when I asked him to please be careful and not jump he said, "Mom, I jump and I move. It's just part of me and part of my life and I will never stop."
We had a talk about knowing when to slow down and when to go full force. He said, "Oh yea like when Skaters and Xgamers get hurt I guess they have to heal before they can ride again." Oh my Boy Oh Boy!
So this is what Xtreme Ninja Cartwheels into a TV stand will get you: A double layer of stitches, 4 inside and 10 on top!

Showing his "Tough" side :) Oh and Doctors couldn't have picked a better band aid - McCoy digs the disco ball look :)

2 comments:

Shay and Kira said...

Oh McCoy. Seems like he started this at such a young age! My little guy is definetly a go getter like McCoy...so I know I am in for some rushed visits. But at least McCoy is so tough!

Korbi said...

Ouch, seriously- ouch. I took beck to the dentist- well, tried to and he screamed for 2 hours. Is it just their personality or where did I go wrong?


My Little Sunshine