26.9.10

Taking the plunge...literally

I am so happy and pleased to announced that I was baptized yesterday. To some this may seem like no big news. And to others it may seem like a real shock. To me it means so much. I have always had a personal relationship with God. When I pray I know he hears me and he always answers my prayers. He has never left me to feel alone. I have been praying long and hard these last few months for many answers, and true as always, Heavenly Father has been there yet again to answer my prayers and to guide me. My heart is humbled and grateful, empowered and calm. I know without doubt that the decisions I have made are inspired and blessed by my savior. I hope I can always remember who I am, and the reasons behind my choices. And I hope these choices will help me to be a good example to my babies and my husband.

Yesterday morning when i was getting ready, McCoy came in my room and gave me a huge hug and a kiss and said, "Mom, I am so E-X-cited for your baptism and I am so H-A-P-P-Y happy for YOU!" And when those little hands wrapped around my neck life could not have gotten any sweeter at the moment. Right here, right now, I am doing what I know is right.

I'm not just getting my feet wet any more, I have been dunked, taken the plunge, the warm water swim, and so on. =) And it feels good!

6 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Amber!! I'm SO excited for you!! I wish I could've been there in person. I can still remember my baptism day even though it was 20 years ago{WOWZA!}-and the feeling of being pure and clean is THE BEST!!

You are a beautiful person inside and out and that ward you are baptized in is so lucky to have such an amazing, talented woman to help them serve!! I couldn't be happier for you and your family. I love you Amber!!! {I'm not one that was shocked by the way :) XOXO

Korbi said...

You Means to say to me that yous is a MORMON now?!?! :) Welcome my friend... don't let them get cow's blood on you when they sacrifice the snack guts for the whatchamcallit.... luv ya! and WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!

Angie said...

Congrats Amber! I am so happy for you! Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mom and such a great example to look up to!

Hamblin Family said...

Congratulations Amber! We are so happy for you (and excited to meet you). Hopefully we will someday be home at the same time and meet up.

Jason & Makenna said...

Congratulations Amber! That's so exciting! McCoy is too cute. :) It sounds like you have helped him gain quite the testimony! So sad we missed seeing you at the good ole Burley reunion.


My Little Sunshine