7.4.09

Gettn Ready for Easter...



Here is some pics of McCoy at our play groups Easter Hunt. McCoy was hilarious. He didn't remember last year so I had to explain it all over to him again and then when he set out to gather eggs he picked up a 2 or 3 and then realized they had stuff in them so he would stop and open up each egg he picked up and yell out to me, "Hey Mom, Theres Candy in here. Or Hey Mom, This one has toys!" He was such a hoot.





We had so much fun celebrating with our friends. We had a little potluck at the park after the hunt and then I got to brush up on my creative skills and come up with some fun games for the kiddos to play. We played pin the tail on the Easter Bunny and that went over well and then we had a spoon race where all the kids had to balance an egg on a spoon but they pretty much cheated through that one. LOL Holding the spoon in one hand and the egg in the other. Guess I didn't explain the rules right. Mostly they just wanted to break through the ribbon finish line over and over again. :) Than we did an egg/cake walk.
McCoy and I made some fun mini egg shaped cakes to give to the winners and I had the kids march around on some egg shaped steps that were numbered singing "The little Bunny Hops Hops Hops. Round and Round and doesn't stop. The little Bunny Hops Hops Hops, Round and Round until he flops!" (To the tune of "This is the way we go to school/wash our hands.") The loved flopping down on a number but quickly realized that there was only one winner per round. This didn't go over well with some but luckily we had enough cakes for everyone to be a winner. :-)

2 comments:

Sarah Stokes said...

Did you want Mccoy to take the entire park with him? Just look at that huge basket he is carrying:) Seriously you rock, I can't wait for you to come here and let your creativity rubb off on me so my kids can have all the fun you put into a day!

SAYDA said...

Happy Easter cute Amber. Your little boy rocks.


My Little Sunshine